Rozelle Rail Yards sit next to major road infrastructure. Land that fronts Lilyfield Road is leased for light industrial uses or is privately owned. Parts of Rozelle Rail Yards are subject to proposals for future CBD and South East Light Rail stabling yard and WestConnex.
The area is serviced by two light rail stops (Lilyfield and Rozelle Bay) and cycleways to the CBD via ANZAC Bridge.
The transformation has the potential to reconnect areas to the north and south of the Rail Yards, and to improve connections from Lilyfield to the water.
Future uses could include a mix of different housing choices, including affordable housing, as well as public spaces and employment uses.
- Intersecting with major infrastructure
- Providing greater housing choice
- Creating new open space and nature reserves to link to the harbour
- Integrating and reconnecting communities
- Providing new pedestrian and cycle links between Lilyfield and Rozelle
- Raising awareness of and interpreting heritage of rail transport
This Destination is identified in The Transformation Plan: The Bays Precinct Sydney as a long-term priority with works commencing in 2022 and beyond.